Job title: Senior User Experience Researcher
Business area: Product and Technology
Reporting to: Global Head of User Experience
Location: UK – High degree of remote working with ability to travel to London and client sites as required
We’re looking for a Senior User Experience Researcher to join our growing global user experience team of UX researchers, UX designers, UI designers, copywriters, and frontend developers. This role will play a crucial part in our ongoing product strategy, redefining how people interact with their healthcare providers.
The purpose of this role is to gather data about our users, products, and ideas, and translate it into actionable insight, which will inform our designs. To build testable hypotheses, the Senior User Experience Researcher will conduct user testing, accessibility testing, and usability studies. Also facilitating user forums and discovery workshops. This role encompasses the entire UX research spectrum and requires close collaboration with our UX designers.
Plan research studies
Define research objectives and formulate research proposals, selecting complementary research techniques such as usability testing, field research, surveys, diary studies, and other methods to achieve desired outcomes.
Conduct research studies
Facilitate the collection of user experience metrics whilst collaborating with different product departments: engineering, marketing, sales, customer success, product management, analytics, delivery and quality assurance, Actively minimise bias, as well as invalid and misinterpreted insight, by selecting appropriate population samples, sizes, and demographics.
Report research study findings
Combine qualitative and quantitative methods to generate strategic and tactical insights with desirable, feasible, and viable recommendations that drive product design improvements in line with market trends and business objectives.
Validate design interpretations
Drive (un)moderated user testing, multivariate testing studies, and analytical synthesis to uncover user habits, traits, and preferences to drive business outcomes. Monitor and analyse on the final product, flag any overlooked design defects, and propose solutions to remedy.
Promote best practice
Promote best practice in user research whilst independently spearheading the planning, execution and analysis of user research at every stage of our products’ lifecycle. Adhere to research principles and standards, and stay current with accessibility and usability across the web, iOS, and Android.
Skills & personality
– Enthusiastic: actively enjoys working in research. Loves learning, reading, and sharing the latest trends, ideas and movements.
– Brave: embrace the risk of failure. Appreciates its necessity to learn, improve and test hypotheses.
– Inquisitive: never satisfied by understanding the ‘what’ without the ‘why’. Enjoys transforming unknows to knowns.
– Considerate: actively collaborates with others as they’d like to be collaborated with. Take pleasure in building rewarding relationships.
– Conscientious: not a perfectionist but has a strong attention to detail. Enjoys building industry-leading experiences.
Experience & education
– Will have experience building components, app designs (native or web), and prototypes, in preferably, Figma.
– Will have an appreciation of the user experience research spectrum, and enjoys collaborating with user experience researchers.
– Likely to have experience, qualifications or experience in psychology, anthropology, sociology, human computer interaction, computer science, product design or a related field.
– Likely to have considerable professional experience at senior levels of an organisation.
‘Digital transformation’ – it’s a priority of nearly all healthcare systems worldwide, and Induction, a leading virtual care platform, is the partner to make change happen. We replace outdated modes of communication between providers and their patients with a next generation digital communication toolkit – and we enable a new flexible future for healthcare.
Our mission is to ‘make healthcare better, anywhere’. We alleviate operational burdens on hospital teams while saving them time, frustration and money. We allow clinical teams to share information, collaborate and navigate channels across disciplines. And we put patients in better control of their own healthcare management. With Induction, providers and patients can choose how and when they receive care, be it virtually, in-person or even via asynchronous text. We unchain staff and patients from the limitations of paper-based and desktop systems.
We improve care by delivering products that healthcare professionals, patients and institutions choose to use. Our products enable data to flow between stakeholders and legacy IT systems, adding substantial value to pre-existing health IT investment.
They provide our customers with a powerful set of capabilities that touch most aspects of care coordination and delivery. Our product range is exclusively Software as a service (SaaS), targeting monthly recurring revenue (MRR) growth as a key financial metric:
– Induction Switch – an iOS and Android app used by most junior doctors in the NHS. It saves healthcare professionals time by allowing them to bypass the hospital’s switchboard, helping them locate extensions and bleeps quickly and chat securely. Additional features enable the creation of admin-controlled membership groups (TeamSpaces), secure instant messaging and a broadcast newsfeed, providing increased opportunities for engagement with our large user base.
– Induction Attend Anywhere – helps hospitals, health systems and other customers offer video consultations to patients and service users as a normal part of day-to-day operations, making it simple, safe and secure to say “yes you can attend your appointment via video”. Since 1998, Attend Anywhere has collaborated with clinicians and patients, medical colleges, universities, healthcare providers, governments, NGAs, and others to bring the benefits of mainstream video call access to health and care systems, with some Attend Anywhere programs now entering their 21st year with coverage in every country in the United Kingdom – and with 85% market share in England alone. The company’s vision is for video consultations to improve lives and help address social, access, equity and sustainability challenges in healthcare and beyond.
– Induction Zesty – a market-leading digital platform for patients visiting hospitals. The platform allows patients to book their appointments, read their appointment and clinical letters, store a local copy of their clinical record, and provide data to their care teams remotely. Alongside a compelling patient experience, the Zesty portal delivers significant cost benefits to hospitals.
– Induction Booking – offers NHS Trusts and other healthcare organisations an online booking platform for patients, hospital staff and care home staff.
– Induction Guidance – hospitals set clinical guidance locally, typically producing guidelines that are rarely efficiently circulated or adhered to as they are not available at the point of care. Local specialists use the Induction Guidance platform to create, edit and publish structured and governance-controlled guidance and policies. Automated distribution of that guidance to mobile users, combined with local intranet availability, results in a significant increase in guidance consumption, and best of all, a material increase in local guidance adherence.
Our customers are healthcare institutions, primarily hospitals. As the company grows, we intend to expand our customer base into primary care and community and mental
health services. We have commercial relationships with most of the UK National Health Service (NHS) hospitals.
Where We Operate
Our principal market is the UK and we have a growing user base in Australia, South Africa and Canada. We intend to leverage this user base to extend our commercial operations internationally. We have recently won a national contract in Mexico, demonstrating a clear example of international growth.
The history of Induction is one of fast growth, fuelled by inventive solutions for the most common problems that clinicians and patients encounter in secondary care. At our creation in 2019, the immediate uptake of our products validated our promise to remove friction from the most basic but essential tasks.
By early 2020, Switch and Guidance gained traction and embedded themselves into several NHS Trusts just in time to be mobilised in the fight against COVID-19. The solutions helped hospitals navigate through unknown territory and adjust to a quickly evolving, and often remote, work environment. Induction Switch was used as a primary communication tool at the NHS Nightingale London – the first of the temporary critical care hospitals constructed during the pandemic. MicroGuide was also selected to support Barts Health NHS Trust in the Nightingale London project with antimicrobial and COVID-19 content. As the pandemic evolved, so too did our support of the NHS. Later in the year, as vaccines became available, Induction platforms helped frontline NHS staff book their own vaccinations and also facilitated delivery of lateral flow tests for COVID-19.
2021 saw Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust, a Global Digital Exemplar, use Induction Zesty as their patient portal. At the same time, Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Trust maximised the number of patients accessing their health records with the platform. Working alongside Apple inc. and Cerner, we have helped to create
a direct, encrypted connection between medical institutions and patient’s iPhones, empowering patients – and powering efficiency and decision-making at a clinical level.
Why Join Us?
The Induction Group is a listed portfolio of companies with interoperable healthcare IT tools, coming to maturity at a time when huge pressure is being placed on health systems to deliver and there is greater demand than ever for proven IT solutions that can be rapidly deployed. Induction has its eyes firmly fixed on the future of healthcare, ready to seize a multitude of opportunities that make life easier through the many stages of a patient journey. At Induction Healthcare, become part of the team, where many individuals gather together to pave the way to innovation every single day.
You can read more about the Induction Group on our website and in the press, via the links below:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.