Website Induction Healthcare Group Ltd
Job Title: Head of UX
Business Area: Product & Technology
Reporting to: Director of Product & Delivery
Location: UK – Flexible – with access to office premises in London as required
The purpose of this role is to lead the global UX team of Induction Healthcare Group. Our technology solutions transform the interaction between patients and care teams, helping people take an active role in their health management, and supporting more efficient care delivery. You will lead a team of UX professionals accountable for user research, UX design, and UX writing. You will define and deliver the UX vision and strategy, as well as set the standards for your team, and oversee the processes for delivering excellence across the UX discipline. \You will be a key interface for various stakeholders in our global Induction Healthcare team located in UK, EU, Pakistan, India, and Australia, as well as externally with customers and partners.
Strategic planning and management of the UX function to maximise outcomes delivered by Product & Technology
– Lead on the creation, implementation, and continuous enhancement of a unified UX design strategy and system across the entire product portfolio
– Engage with product managers, business analysts, customers, users, and other stakeholders to identify and define design and UX problems
– Manage processes for translating business requirements into design solutions that drive exceptional user experiences and customer value across our entire product portfolio
– Lead on user research projects to inform design decisions and solutions
– Ensure that UX copy and technical documentation across our product portfolio is up-to-date, easy to use, and enhances clinical safety
Lead the global UX team
– Coach, develop and drive the professional growth of the individuals within the team. Identify and promote high potentials and talents.
– Set professional standards for the UX discipline. Put in place the right processes and standards to drive excellence.
– Scale the team, its processes and technologies, to meet the ambitions of the business
– Communicate and instil a broad commercial understanding of Induction Healthcare and the wider industry to their teams and other functions.
– Solve complex problems with broad impact either individually or through collaboration with stakeholders
– Undertake risk analysis to understand the impact of a decision on the business. Managing department risk to an acceptable level.
– Incrementally improving provision of UX services through adoption of well-tested patterns developed internally or elsewhere.
– Provide management reporting and other non-functional requirements.
– Present and champion UX initiatives
Define, monitor and improve relevant KPIs
Ensure that our products conform with appropriate accessibility frameworks, including WCAG
Work with Clinical Safety and Information Governance to ensure healthcare specific considerations are reflected in designs and UI
Plan, allocate and manage the budget of the UX team
– Extensive experience of overseeing all aspects of UX for cloud SaaS products
– At least 3 years’ experience leading UX teams
– Good understanding of high-level architecture across infrastructure, application, data, and integrations
– Experience across the whole of the UX lifecycle having remained conversant with UX work “at the coalface”
– Strong analytical, strategic, and coordinating skills
– Understanding of public healthcare systems and processes. Excellent understanding of wider industry context & trends, both technical & product.
– Demonstrable experience of having built a UX culture that values ownership & accountability
– Experience of successfully working alongside Product, Delivery, Data and Engineering teams.
– Track record of recruiting and building high performing teams.
– Proven leadership skills
– Able to work effectively with teams split across multiple time zones
– An entrepreneurial mindset
– A demonstrable track record of managing in fast-paced and dynamic environments
– Excellent communication skills with technical and non-technical stakeholders, able to negotiate internally and externally and at higher levels.
– Highly collaborative approach with Product, Engineering and Delivery teams throughout the product lifecycle and fosters strong working relationships. Adapts approach as required depending on the working practices of the team. Commercially astute
– Data driven
– High levels of enthusiasm and drive
– Ability to lead and engage others in driving a high-performance culture.
Induction (AIM: INHC) is a leading virtual care platform driving digital transformation of healthcare systems worldwide. Induction solutions enhance the investments hospitals have made and lay the foundation for their future. Our products can enable information sharing between busy doctors, alleviate operational burdens on hospitals or put patients in better control of their care, all while ensuring the highest standards of clinical safety and information security. We unchain staff and patients from the limitations of paper-based and desktop systems, creating substantial time and cost efficiencies.
Our team of doctors, developers and healthcare technology experts are focused on a common goal to help streamline the delivery of care for all Healthcare professionals with simple and effective innovation. We’re fortunate to have attracted some amazing talent from within the NHS – for example, our Chief Medical Officer, Professor Martin Severs joined us from NHS Digital – balanced with a huge breadth of talent from within the private sector. Our team is led by our joint CEO’s Dr Hugo Stephenson and James Balmain, who have both gained many years of experience within the healthcare technology setting and digital transformation. Hugo has founded several healthcare and biotech services businesses including DrugDev (acquired by IQVIA) MediGuard (owned by IQVIA), Health Research Solutions (acquired by Quintiles, now IQVIA), and MedSeed (acquired by eHealthcare Asia). James has a wealth of NHS facing commercial experience, having co-founded Zesty Limited in 2012, building it into a multi award winning UK digital health company. Prior to Zesty, James was Ecommerce Director at EE, and Head of Ecommerce at the Shop Direct Group.
We believe that the collective experience within our team speaks volumes about how our brand, products and services are perceived both within and beyond the NHS; but most importantly it empowers us with invaluable sector specific insight and knowledge which informs and steers every aspect of what we do, from our sales and marketing approach to our technical development and our implementation strategies. Our broad base of talent empowers us to build products that work for the people using them.
More than 225,000 hospital doctors across multiple territories, including the UK, Ireland, Australia and South Africa, as well as a rapidly growing number of more than 280,000 UK patients, choose Induction solutions.
Induction Switch is the number one healthcare collaboration app in the UK, used by the majority of hospital doctors within the NHS. The app helps to increase productivity and enhance communication by securely sharing phone numbers and bleeps, bookmarks, documents and messages in a clinical setting.
Induction Guidance provides medical organisations, including most hospital trusts within the NHS, with the ability to collaboratively create, edit, and publish their own local medical guidelines in a secure and locally administrated environment. This increases knowledge of, and adherence to, guidance.
Induction Zesty is a market-leading digital platform for patients visiting hospitals. The platform allows patients to book and access their appointments, read their clinical letters, store a copy of their clinical record and provide data to their care teams remotely. It is not just a compelling patient experience, but also delivers significant cost benefits to hospitals.
Induction HealthStream is a proprietary data integration platform that reads and writes patient demographic, appointment and clinical record data between a growing number of hospital EHR systems and the Induction platforms. This connectivity between stakeholders and legacy IT systems adds substantial value to pre-existing health IT investment and allows large-scale adoption of Induction app-based services.
Induction Attend Anywhere – www.attendanywhere.com/
Attend Anywhere the UK market leader in secondary care video consultations, helps hospitals, health systems and other customers offer video consultations to patients and service users as a normal part of day-to-day operations, making it simple, safe and secure to say “yes you can attend your appointment via video”. Since 1998, Attend Anywhere has collaborated with clinicians and patients, medical colleges, universities, healthcare providers, governments, NGAs, and others to bring the benefits of mainstream video call access to health and care systems, with some Attend Anywhere programs now entering their 21st year.
Our vision is for video consultations to improve lives and help address social, access, equity and sustainability challenges by allowing healthcare providers to determine how and when they see a patient based on each individual case; in-person, via video or on the telephone. With the addition of Attend Anywhere, our promise of flexible care is truly in motion.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.