inductionHQ Induction Healthcare Group
Job Title: Cloud and Reliability Engineer
Business Area: Product and Technology
Location: UK – High degree of remote working with ability to travel to London and client sites as required
We are recruiting a Cloud and Reliability Engineer to join our team following rapid growth of our platforms. This role will be part of our global Cloud and Reliability Engineering practice operating across our product suite in an engineering and infrastructure support capacity.
This role will be a core part of way we operate, maintain and enhance our cloud platforms across the product suite and will help to bring these activities under a rationalised toolset.
– Working closely with other cloud and reliability engineers to continually enhance our cloud offerings and improve how we monitor and operate on the platforms.
– Working closely with development and quality assurance teams to ensure their cloud needs are fulfilled in required timeframes.
– Foster a culture within the team that puts reliability first and establish processes and policies that drive reliability including items such as error budgets, on-call response, incident resolution, observability best practices.
– Deep investigation into production incidents followed up by applying the learning to code.
– Researching, developing and justifying the best choices for Cloud and Reliability enhancements in the form of design docs for tools and processes that will shape the future of the cloud presence at Induction Healthcare.
– Proficient in maintaining and operating Amazon Web Services based platforms.
– Hands on experience in Infrastructure as Code technologies including Terraform.
– Experienced in configuration management tools e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
– Ability to create and enhance deployment pipelines using tools such as Jenkins and CircleCI.
– Disciplined coding practices, experience with code reviews and pull requests and a creative and conceptual problem-solving approach.
– Strong communication and team collaboration skills, both written and verbal. As a cloud and reliability engineer, you will need to share knowledge, communicate and coordinate cloud changes across multiple teams.
– Approximately 3 years working on public cloud platforms, ideally Amazon Web Services.
– Experience working in containerised environments (ideally AWS) with the ability to design and implement against best practices.
– Experience working with operational toolsets such as Kibana and New Relic; understanding when and why failures occur.
‘Digital transformation’ – it’s a priority of nearly all healthcare systems worldwide, and Induction, a leading virtual care platform, is the partner to make change happen. We replace outdated modes of communication between providers and their patients with a next generation digital communication toolkit – and we enable a new flexible future for healthcare.
Our mission is to ‘make healthcare better, anywhere’. We alleviate operational burdens on hospital teams while saving them time, frustration and money. We allow clinical teams to share information, collaborate and navigate channels across disciplines. And we put patients in better control of their own healthcare management. With Induction, providers and patients can choose how and when they receive care, be it virtually, in-person or even via asynchronous text. We unchain staff and patients from the limitations of paper-based and desktop systems.
We improve care by delivering products that healthcare professionals, patients and institutions choose to use. Our products enable data to flow between stakeholders and legacy IT systems, adding substantial value to pre-existing health IT investment.
They provide our customers with a powerful set of capabilities that touch most aspects of care coordination and delivery. Our product range is exclusively Software as a service (SaaS), targeting monthly recurring revenue (MRR) growth as a key financial metric:
Our customers are healthcare institutions, primarily hospitals. As the company grows, we intend to expand our customer base into primary care and community and mental
health services. We have commercial relationships with most of the UK National Health Service (NHS) hospitals.
Where We Operate
Our principal market is the UK and we have a growing user base in Australia, South Africa and Canada. We intend to leverage this user base to extend our commercial operations internationally. We have recently won a national contract in Mexico, demonstrating a clear example of international growth.
The history of Induction is one of fast growth, fuelled by inventive solutions for the most common problems that clinicians and patients encounter in secondary care. At our creation in 2019, the immediate uptake of our products validated our promise to remove friction from the most basic but essential tasks.
By early 2020, Switch and Guidance gained traction and embedded themselves into several NHS Trusts just in time to be mobilised in the fight against COVID-19. The solutions helped hospitals navigate through unknown territory and adjust to a quickly evolving, and often remote, work environment. Induction Switch was used as a primary communication tool at the NHS Nightingale London – the first of the temporary critical care hospitals constructed during the pandemic. MicroGuide was also selected to support Barts Health NHS Trust in the Nightingale London project with antimicrobial and COVID-19 content. As the pandemic evolved, so too did our support of the NHS. Later in the year, as vaccines became available, Induction platforms helped frontline NHS staff book their own vaccinations and also facilitated delivery of lateral flow tests for COVID-19.
2021 saw Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust, a Global Digital Exemplar, use Induction Zesty as their patient portal. At the same time, Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Trust maximised the number of patients accessing their health records with the platform. Working alongside Apple inc. and Cerner, we have helped to create
a direct, encrypted connection between medical institutions and patient’s iPhones, empowering patients – and powering efficiency and decision-making at a clinical level.
Why Join Us?
The Induction Group is a listed portfolio of companies with interoperable healthcare IT tools, coming to maturity at a time when huge pressure is being placed on health systems to deliver and there is greater demand than ever for proven IT solutions that can be rapidly deployed. Induction has its eyes firmly fixed on the future of healthcare, ready to seize a multitude of opportunities that make life easier through the many stages of a patient journey. At Induction Healthcare, become part of the team, where many individuals gather together to pave the way to innovation every single day.
You can read more about the Induction Group on our website and in the press, via the links below:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.